🛑 STOP! Please Read Our Adoption Process - If you don't, we'll know. 😉
- Please read through our FAQ page for answers to commonly asked questions, (such as – why under-vaccinated puppies must have a fenced, private yard).
- We do not adopt outside of Colorado.
- You must be at least 21 years of age to adopt.
- Please do not apply to adopt if you cannot take possession of the animal within the week, or if you will be traveling within the first month of ownership. (Going out of town, etc) For the animal’s sake, wait until you can be home with them to help them settle in.
- Browse our available pets on the ADOPTABLES page of our website. P.S. You’re on that page right now.
- Click photos below to read the pet’s complete bio (including minimum requirements). Do not apply for a pet that you do not meet minimum requirements for.
- You may apply for any pet who is listed ON THIS PAGE. Please do not apply for a pet you have seen on our site or on social media if you cannot click on their photo below and read their bio. Applications for dogs not yet posted for adoption will be discarded.
- Click on the link at the bottom of the pet’s profile page to submit an adoption application. If you already have a pre-approved application on file, you can e-mail us to express interest in a currently available pet. We keep all applications on file for 1 year.
- Take your time completing the adoption application. Answer EVERY question thoroughly and with as much detail as possible. Applications not completed properly will either be declined or severely delayed – and you may not be considered for the pet you originally applied for.
- Contact your personal references and instruct them to respond to our volunteers immediately. A delay in their response will delay your approval.
- CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER! If you don’t hear back from us within 2 business days of submitting your application, please email us at email@example.com
- Once the application is approved, (and if the pet is still available, and you are the right fit for the animal) we will contact you for a phone interview about the pet you are interested in meeting. Understand that we typically receive several applications for each animal, and we try to match them with the home that best meets THEIR needs.
- If your application is selected, a private meeting will be scheduled for you to meet the pet at their foster home. We will not bring the animals to your home for a meeting.
- If you choose to adopt the pet after meeting them, you will place a $100 non-refundable deposit to hold that pet for you.
- A volunteer will contact you to schedule a home visit. (Typically within 24 hours) See FAQ about our home visits.
- Once the home visit has been completed, an adoption date/time will be scheduled. (Typically within 24-48 hours of the home visit)
- You will meet with the Executive Director of P.R.A.R. to sign our adoption contract and go over medical/vaccine records. We will have a brief discussion about caring for this pet and keeping them safe. Your new pet will be on-site and ready to go home with you once the adoption meeting is complete and all documents have been signed. This meeting typically takes about 30-40 minutes – We ask that you please be prompt, as we typically have several appointments scheduled back-to-back. If you are late, we may have to reschedule your adoption. Please leave young children at home. They get really bored and can be very distracting while we are trying to talk about super important stuff ♥
PLEASE UNDERSTAND: We typically have several applicants for each animal. If there are complications with your application and we have to request additional information, there is a decent chance that the animal you’re interested in may already be adopted by the time your application can be completed. If the animal is no longer listed on this page, or their description says, “Adoption Pending,” the pet is no longer available. Approved applications are kept on file for 1 year. Please let us know if you see another pet you might be interested in meeting.
We often have sick or injured animals who must take top priority. We process applications, respond to emails, and schedule appointments as we are able and as time permits. Your patience while we tend to our most fragile orphans is greatly appreciated.
**NOTE** ALL OF OUR ANIMALS ARE ON A WELLNESS HOLD FOR A MINIMUM OF 14 DAYS FROM ARRIVAL! This allows us the opportunity to take care of necessary veterinary care, and to complete behavioral assessments so that we may place our kiddos in the best home FOR THEM. We do not adopt on a first come – first served basis. Homes are selected based on the individual animal’s needs after we have reviewed ALL applications for that animal. P.R.A.R. reserves the right to refuse adoption to any home/person/family we deem to be an unfit match for our pets.
These Kiddos Are Available For Adoption Now!
If you see “Adoption Pending” under the pet’s info – they have already met their family and they are no longer available. If they do not have “Adoption Pending” under their info, then we are currently accepting and reviewing applications for that pet. Pets listed as “Coming Soon” will be posted SOOOOON!