Foster a pet and save a life (or two or more).
Like many people these days, you’re probably spending a lot of time at home. This is a great time to foster a pet.
Opening your home to a foster pet saves lives, plus it frees up space for another pet to be rescued. Fostering a pet, whether for days, weeks or months may be short-term, but the results are long lasting — not only to the pet, but to you, too. Studies have shown that having a furry friend around can reduce anxiety and help relieve stress — not to mention brighten even the dreariest days.
Here are just a few ways fostering helps.
- A shelter can be a noisy, stressful place, especially for shy and frightened animals. Providing a loving, quiet, safe space goes a long way toward preparing an animal for adoption.
- Orphaned or newborn animals, as well as those with special medical needs or behavioral challenges, benefit greatly from the one-on-one attention they receive in foster care.
- Fostering helps pets get accustomed to life in a home, smooths their way toward adoption and helps set them up for success in their forever homes.
- If you’re thinking about adopting a cat or dog, fostering is a great way to find out if an animal is a good fit for you and your family. Our foster families who foster a pet get first dibs on the animal they’re fostering.
Check out our resource page to learn more about the benefits of fostering and to access a comprehensive list of fostering FAQs and guiding information.
Ready to start fostering?
Dogs and puppies are the most common pets needing foster homes at Pawsitive Restorations Animal Rescue. In the end, caring for pets until they’re ready for a forever home is not only enormously satisfying, it helps save lives. Knowing you played a crucial role in an animal’s happily-ever-after is worth every single minute!
It is IMPERATIVE that PRAR maintains an expansive team of qualified foster homes who are at the ready to receive dogs, typically within a week’s notice. We will not commit to saving a dog unless we have a foster home in place for that dog. Once we have a confirmed foster home, we will immediately tag and save the dog.
We will NEVER force an animal upon you. When a need arises, we will post in our foster group and ask for a foster home to step up for a specific animal. You choose WHO to foster, and WHEN to foster.
We are NOT one of those rescues who does only the bare minimum (if that) to move animals through the system in search of profit. Quite the opposite, actually. We genuinely love and care for every single animal who comes through our door, and we will do what we have to do, to make sure that animal gets any medical care they need, support our foster families, and ensure that our precious animals move on to only the most perfect home for them. If you have been burned by a puppy flipper rescue previously, please read on. The PRAR team is a well-oiled family machine. We work TOGETHER to save the lives of our orphans.
REQUIREMENTS FOR POTENTIAL FOSTERS:
WHAT YOU DO:
- VISIT OUR FOSTER PAGE AND FOSTER RESOURCE PORTAL
- Must be able to provide a safe, loving, secure home for your fosters
- Must have previous foster, rescue, and/or pet ownership experience
- Must follow ALL RULES and expectations outlined by the rescue for the care of that particular animal
- Must not exceed the city ordinance for allowable animals per home
- Must have a fully fenced, secure, locked yard (padlock on gates)
- Must be willing & able to transport fosters to rescue or to vets in S.E. Aurora and in Parker, Co for care
- Must be willing & able to transport fosters to meet & greet events
- Must have excellent “animal skills” as well as “people skills”
- Attention to detail – As the foster mom or dad to our orphans, we rely on you to keep us apprised on how our babies are settling in, and any changes in health/behavior
- Fosters will be an integral part in placing animals with the right family
- Current pets MUST be up to date on ALL vaccines and spayed or neutered.
WHAT WE DO:
- Supply EVERYTHING your foster dog/cat needs during the time they are in your care. (food, toys, medical, pads, leash, collar, etc)
- We pay all medical bills for our kiddos at our approved veterinarians after we have authorized them to be seen and we have scheduled the appointments.
- Training – you will receive a printout detailing everything expected/allowed/precautions/ etc. for our kiddos
- 24/7 Support from your family of fosters and rescuers
- RESPONSIVE, knowledgeable family/team at your service! ♥♥
If you are interested in becoming an approved foster home for Pawsitive Restorations Animal Rescue, or even just talking with someone about what it entails, please complete our online Foster Application below.
Let's Save Lives Together!
Click the button below to complete an online foster application todayAPPLY TO BECOME A PRAR FOSTER FAMILY