- Breed: We believe Scootch to be a Maltese/Yorkie mix, or possibly Maltese/Chi
- D.O.B.: 9/19/19
- Current Weight: 5.6lbs
- Sex: Male
- Estimated Adult Size: XSmall
- Age appropriate vaccinations
- Good with Dogs, but prefers for them not to be right in his face. Warms up to people quickly, especially if they have treats!
- MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS – fully fenced, secure, private yard. No children under 10 – Shoogs is TINY and can be hurt easily. We will consider an owned townhouse or owned condo for Shoogs, provided an owner works from home or someone can be with him during the day. He barks when left alone. SHOOGS WILL REQUIRE REGULAR PROFESSIONAL GROOMING.
KNOWN HISTORY – Shoogs was dumped with about 30 other dogs on the side of a rural Colorado Highway. This was believed to be a backyard breeder dump. The dogs were in poor condition; very skinny, matted, and with badly neglected teeth. Shoogs was cryptorchid, requiring a special neuter surgery. The dogs had obviously been very neglected, physically and socially. But not anymore! Their teeth have been cleaned, bloodwork looks good, neuters are done, they’ve gained a little weight, (could stand to gain another pound or so), and their wonderful little personalities are coming through. After Shoogs came into our program, he was coming out of his shell within 24 hours. He has done REALLY great, and we are very proud of this happy, loving, super sweet little boy.
Won’t you please consider adding this precious, sweet, loving little boy to your family? If you are not quite ready to add a new member to your family, won’t you please #SHARE our adoptable kiddos on social media? You never know when your share is the share that will bring them home.
Shoog’s adoption fee is $450 and includes neuter, microchip with free lifetime registration, age appropriate vaccinations, dewormers, and heartworm prevention started. He will come home with a hobo bag of things to help him get started in his new furever home. You can apply to welcome him into your family by completing an adoption application below.
Please understand that adopting from P.R.A.R. means FOREVER. Please do NOT apply if you do not have the time to properly train and exercise a dog (now and in the future) or if you do not meet the minimum adoption requirements for the dog in which you are applying.
APPLICATIONS NOT COMPLETED PROPERLY AND ENTIRELY WILL NOT BE PROCESSED Please read each question carefully and answer thoroughly!
Please visit our FAQ section to answer your most common questions, including:
- Preview our adoption contract
- Read about home visits
- Read about what all goes into the dogs that we save
- Learn why we require a fully fenced yard
- Learn how to keep your new dog SAFE after adoption