Please Read Our Adoption Process
- We do NOT adopt outside of Colorado.
- Look at available pets below. MAKE SURE YOU MEET THE MINIMUM ADOPTION REQUIREMENTS FOR THE PET YOU ARE APPLYING TO ADOPT – IF YOU DO NOT MEET THE MINIMUM ADOPTION REQUIREMENTS, YOUR APPLICATION WILL NOT BE PROCESSED. If you meet the requirements, please complete our online adoption application This application MUST be completed in it’s entirety. Do not rush! If not completed fully, answering every question in its entirety – your application will not be processed.
- DO NOT APPLY FOR A DOG THAT HAS NOT BEEN LISTED FOR ADOPTION YET. If you saw an animal on our FACEBOOK, but it has not been listed for adoption yet – DO NOT APPLY. Your app will be tossed. We do not yet know anything about these animals or what their ideal home looks like and we WILL NOT ACCEPT APPLICATIONS FOR THEM until they are posted for adoption. Please apply for an animal listed below who desperately needs a home NOW.
- We do not allow adoptions as “gifts.” The OWNER must be the approved adopter, and must sign the contract.
- Make sure the references you list on your application are aware that they must return our call immediately. Failure to speak with your references will result in a delay/declined application.
- Please contact your veterinarian and authorize release of information (pet history) to our rescue. Failure to do so will result in a declined application.
- If you don’t hear back from us within 3 business days of submitting your application, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once your application has passed review we will call for a phone interview and to schedule a meeting as long as you meet the minimum requirements for the animal, and if the animal is still available.
- If you have a Pre-APPROVED application already on file, you may e-mail us to request to meet any of our animals as long as you meet the requirements for that animal. Or, you can attend an adoption event to meet our available kiddos. It is ALWAYS best to have a pre-approved application on file.
- If after meeting the pet you are interested in adopting, and you and the animal fall in love, you will place a $100.00 (non-refundable) holding deposit on your animal, and a PRAR rep will schedule a HOME VISIT. (click the HOME VISIT LINK to learn more about what you can expect)
- Once the home visit has been passed, arrangements will be made to sign our adoption contract and take possession of your new fur-baby.
- **SPECIAL NOTE** Our adoption contract stipulates that you shall NEVER sell or give away our dogs. Not to family, not to anyone. We retain first right of refusal to bring our dogs back into rescue if you can no longer keep them, and we do not refund adoption fees. Violations of this stipulation are taken EXTREMELY seriously, so be adamantly sure you are ready to adopt a FOREVER friend.
- For more answers on Frequently Asked Questions – please visit our FAQ page.
**NOTE** ALL OF OUR ANIMALS ARE ON A WELLNESS HOLD FOR A MINIMUM OF 14 DAYS FROM ARRIVAL! This allows us the opportunity to ensure our animals are healthy, and to complete behavioral assessments so that we may place our kiddos in the best home FOR THEM. We do not adopt on a first come – first served basis. Homes are selected based on the individual animal’s needs after we have reviewed ALL applications for that animal. P.R.A.R. reserves the right to refuse adoption to any home/person/family we deem to be an unfit match for our pets.
ALL OF OUR CURRENT ANIMALS HAVE BEEN ADOPTED. PLEASE KEEP AN EYE ON OUR FACEBOOK PAGE AND OUR WEBSITE FOR ANIMALS COMING AVAILABLE SOON. THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR SUPPORT! WE CAN’T DO IT ALONE.
We have several dogs coming available in the next several weeks. We will post them to our website and to our Facebook page when we are ready to begin accepting applications on them. We will not be accepting applications on them until they have been posted.
Visit our FACEBOOK PAGE for tons more photos and videos of all the kiddos we have available!
PLEASE visit our Amazon.com wish list if you’d like to help us with much needed supplies for all the kiddos we care for!