Please Read Our Adoption Process
- Complete our online adoption application This application MUST be completed in it’s entirety. If not completed fully, answering every question in its entirety – your application will not be processed.
- We do NOT adopt outside of Colorado.
- If you don’t hear back from us within 2 business days of submitting your application, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once your application has passed review we will call for a phone interview and to schedule a meeting as long as you meet the minimum requirements for the animal, and if the animal is still available.
- If you have a Pre-APPROVED application already on file, you may e-mail us to request to meet any of our animals as long as you meet the requirements for that animal. Or, you can attend an adoption event to meet our available kiddos. We keep approved applications until Jan. 1st of every year. It is ALWAYS best to have a pre-approved application on file.
- If after meeting the pet you are interested in adopting, and you and the animal fall in love, you will place a $100.00 (non-refundable) holding deposit on your animal, and a PRAR rep will schedule a home visit.
- Once the home visit has been passed, arrangements will be made to sign an adoption contract and take possession of your new fur-baby.
- **SPECIAL NOTE** Our adoption contract stipulates that you shall NEVER sell or give away our dogs. Not to family, not to anyone. We retain first right of refusal to bring our dogs back into rescue if you can no longer keep them, and we do not refund adoption fees. Violations of this stipulation are taken EXTREMELY seriously, so be adamantly sure you are ready to adopt a FOREVER friend.
**NOTE** ALL OF OUR ANIMALS ARE ON A WELLNESS HOLD FOR A MINIMUM OF 14 DAYS FROM ARRIVAL! This allows us the opportunity to ensure our animals are healthy, and to complete behavioral assessments so that we may place our kiddos in the best home FOR THEM. We do not adopt on a first come – first served basis. Homes are selected based on the individual animal’s needs after we have reviewed ALL applications for that animal.
AVAILABLE BEST FRIENDS
We often have Dogs and puppies available that have NOT YET BEEN LISTED on our website! We will get them posted ASAP! You can see them on our Facebook Page as they come in. Be sure to follow us on Facebook to see the incredible stories of our precious orphans, and to catch first glimpses of the animals coming soon! Sometimes updating the website takes us a while with getting all the doggos cared for!
ROO – 7mo old Male Lab Mix – AVAILABLE NOW
Minimum Requirements to adopt: Fully fenced, secure yard.
#AdoptableRoo is about a 7 month old, 43 pound Lab mix male who was rescued from an extreme hoarding case in Louisiana. More than 300 dogs were pulled from the property in late July. Roo came to us with a moderate case of Demodex mange which has been treated. He is a happy, loving, sweet snuggler! Roo loves – EVERYONE – 2 legs or 4! Good with cats even! He’s a very easy going kiddo. He loves to play with his foster doggy brother. He’s not much into jumping and stays (mostly) off the furniture. He loves to ride in the car too! He doesn’t bark much, but he does make this adorable funny noise when he’s playing. He is crate trained and will start a sing-a-long if he thinks you’ve forgotten to let him out when you get home! Roo will require a fully fenced, secure yard to run and play in, and we would love to see him go to a home with another friendly doggy friend to buddy up with. If you are not quite ready to bring a forever friend home, would you please #SHARE our little orphans to help us find their furever families?
Roo’s adoption fee will be $350 and includes his neuter, microchip with free lifetime registration, age appropriate vaccinations, dewormers, and a hobo bag of things to help him get started in his new furever home. You can apply to welcome him into your family by completing our ADOPTION APPLICATION. Application must be completed in its entirety, or it will not be processed, answer ALL QUESTIONS completely or the application will be put aside. Please remember that adopting one of our animals means FOREVER. (Even after Covid is over.) If you are not prepared to care for the animal for its ENTIRE LIFE, then adopting from us may not be a good fit for you. If you are ready to give a wonderful FOREVER home to a furry friend, we definitely want to hear from you!
ROGER – 4mo old Male Dachshund Mix – AVAILABLE NOW
#AdoptableRoger is about a 3-4 month old, male, 7 pound Dachshund mix. Roger had a REALLY rough start to life. He was found abandoned in a hotel room in Oklahoma – dying from Parvo. He got sick an his people just LEFT HIM THERE TO DIE! Thank goodness the right people were called and jumped in quickly to save Roger’s life. Roger spent 7 days hospitalized in ISO/ICU and this tough little ball of angelic adorableness pulled through! Although Roger has been severely let down by human’s, he doesn’t hold grudges. Now that he knows what it’s like to be really and truly loved, he’s digging this 2nd chance at life! Roger might be small in size, but he is MIGHTY in personality! He likes to wrestle with toys twice his size and with dogs many, MANY times his size! He likes to cuddle and will happily lay in any lap available. He especially loves it when he can get his face really super close to yours. <3 If you’re not careful tho, he will chew your hair lol! He has the sweetest mousy little whine when he wants to be picked up and his foster family has never actually heard him bark – although we are pretty sure he could if he wanted to. His big bright eyes and big floppy ears will melt your heart – just sayin’. He still has puppy energy, but it’s not over the top, and he is small enough to just scoop right up into your arms for some snuggle time. Roger REALLY likes treats, sticks (are his favorite toys), and chew toys. But most of all, he likes the company of others. (We can only imagine his lonely hell from before.) He likes to cuddle up with his foster doggy sister and all of the hoomans in the house. Roger is crate trained, and sleeps fine in his crate at night. He’s working hard on potty training but still has a little work to do, so you will need to be patient and steadfast in working with him until he is 100% successful. If you are not quite ready to bring a forever friend home, would you please #SHARE our little orphans to help us find their furever families?
Roger’s adoption fee will be $450 and includes neuter, microchip with free lifetime registration, age appropriate vaccinations, dewormers, and a hobo bag of things to help him get started in his new furever home. You can apply to welcome him into your family by completing our ADOPTION APPLICATION. Application must be completed in its entirety, or it will not be processed, answer ALL QUESTIONS completely or the application will be put aside. Please remember that adopting one of our animals means FOREVER. (Even after Covid is over.) If you are not prepared to care for the animal for its ENTIRE LIFE, then adopting from us may not be a good fit for you. If you are ready to give a wonderful FOREVER home to a furry friend, we definitely want to hear from you!
We have several dogs coming available in the next several weeks. We will post them to our website and to our Facebook page when we are ready to begin accepting applications on them. Breeds represented are:
Lab/Foxhound mix adult female
Lab/Foxhound mix puppies – (4)
Anatolian Shepherd mix pups – (6)
Pug/Chihuahua adult male – 1yr
Corgi mix female – 1yr
Border Collie mix puppy 10-12 weeks
German Shepherd/Aussie pup 10-12 weeks
Yorki/Chihuahua Adult Male – 2-3yrs
Labra-Houla Puppies 14 weeks (2)
Papillion mix puppies (3)
Visit our FACEBOOK PAGE for tons more photos and videos of all the kiddos we have available!
PLEASE visit our Amazon.com wish list if you’d like to help us with much needed supplies for all the kiddos we care for!