Please Read Our Adoption Process
- Complete our online adoption application This application MUST be completed in it’s entirety. If not completed fully, answering every question in its entirety – your application will not be processed.
- We do NOT adopt outside of Colorado.
- If you don’t hear back from us within 2 business days of submitting your application, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once your application has passed review we will call for a phone interview and to schedule a meeting as long as you meet the minimum requirements for the animal, and if the animal is still available.
- If you have a Pre-APPROVED application already on file, you may e-mail us to request to meet any of our animals as long as you meet the requirements for that animal. Or, you can attend an adoption event to meet our available kiddos. We keep approved applications until Jan. 1st of every year. It is ALWAYS best to have a pre-approved application on file.
- If after meeting the pet you are interested in adopting, and you and the animal fall in love, you will place a $100.00 (non-refundable) holding deposit on your animal, and a PRAR rep will schedule a home visit.
- Once the home visit has been passed, arrangements will be made to sign an adoption contract and take possession of your new fur-baby.
- **SPECIAL NOTE** Our adoption contract stipulates that you shall NEVER sell or give away our dogs. Not to family, not to anyone. We retain first right of refusal to bring our dogs back into rescue if you can no longer keep them, and we do not refund adoption fees. Violations of this stipulation are taken EXTREMELY seriously, so be adamantly sure you are ready to adopt a FOREVER friend.
**NOTE** ALL OF OUR ANIMALS ARE ON A WELLNESS HOLD FOR A MINIMUM OF 14 DAYS FROM ARRIVAL! This allows us the opportunity to ensure our animals are healthy, and to complete behavioral assessments so that we may place our kiddos in the best home FOR THEM. We do not adopt on a first come – first served basis. Homes are selected based on the individual animal’s needs after we have reviewed ALL applications for that animal.
AVAILABLE BEST FRIENDS
We often have Dogs and puppies available that have NOT YET BEEN LISTED on our website! We will get them posted ASAP! You can see them on our Facebook Page as they come in. Be sure to follow us on Facebook to see the incredible stories of our precious orphans, and to catch first glimpses of the animals coming soon! Sometimes updating the website takes us a while with getting all the doggos cared for!
CASTIEL – 12 week old male German Shepherd mix – AVAILABLE NOW
Minimum Requirements For Adoption: Fully fenced, secure yard
#AdoptableCastiel is about a 12 week old male German Shepherd mix. Cas was found running down a very busy freeway in Oklahoma City during rush hour! He was emaciated, and because of having to scavenge for garbage and road kill, he stunk horribly and was full of parasites. After some much needed deworming and antibiotics, he is now the picture of health and quite the amazing little man! Castiel is a sweet sweet boy who is absolutely OVERFLOWING with love! He knows what it’s like to be afraid and alone, and he also knows he has been rescued from that scary life! Around new humans he can be a little timid and takes a minute to warm up, but he tries really hard to let you know that all he wants is love! He definitely hasn’t met a person, kid, or pup that he didn’t love – or who hasn’t loved him right back! His favorite thing to do is play. He will make sure every toy is dragged out daily. True to his breed, Cas is an active kiddo and will require exercise daily. An active family would be best suited for him. He is SO smart! He has already learned: sit, down, shake and high-five! He is kennel trained and the only time he messes in the house is if he is distracted or something catches him off-guard. Castiel truly is a very special little love and he deserves a very special, wonderful family to spend the rest of his life with! He will require a fully fenced, secure yard to give him lots of room to grow and play. Won’t you please apply to make this sweet, happy boy your newest, bestest friend? If you are not quite ready to bring a forever friend home, would you please #SHARE our little orphans to help us find their furever families?
Castiel’s adoption fee will be $450 and includes neuter, microchip with free lifetime registration, age appropriate vaccinations, dewormers, and a hobo bag of things to help him get started in his new furever home. You can apply to welcome him into your family by completing our ADOPTION APPLICATION. Application must be completed in its entirety, or it will not be processed, answer ALL QUESTIONS completely or the application will be put aside. Please remember that adopting one of our animals means FOREVER. (Even after Covid is over.) If you are not prepared to care for the animal for its ENTIRE LIFE, then adopting from us may not be a good fit for you. If you are ready to give a wonderful FOREVER home to a furry friend, we definitely want to hear from you!
We have several dogs coming available in the next several weeks. We will post them to our website and to our Facebook page when we are ready to begin accepting applications on them. We will not be accepting applications on them until they have been posted. Breeds represented are:
German Shepherd/Aussie mix pup
Corgi/Chihuahua?? mix pups (6)
Lhasa-poo pups (3)
lab/heeler?? mix pups (2)
German Shepherd mix pups (litter of TWELVE)
Dachshund Mix Female – 1yr old
German Shepherd/Black Mouth Curr mix Female – 1yr old (Just delivered 10 babies) – available after 1/16/20
Mini Aussie Female – 8 years old (Just delivered 9 pups) Pups will be available after 1/19/21, mom will be available in April.
Visit our FACEBOOK PAGE for tons more photos and videos of all the kiddos we have available!
PLEASE visit our Amazon.com wish list if you’d like to help us with much needed supplies for all the kiddos we care for!