Pawsitive Restorations Animal Rescue exists to facilitate finding quality forever homes and ultimately a better life for both local and national abandoned, stray, abused, and injured companion animals, and to help limit the overpopulation of these animals through diligent community education and stringent spay/neuter regimens.
Our Guiding Principles
• To demonstrate compassion and respect for all living creatures, and to foster compassion through community education.
• To shelter, rehabilitate and find homes for sick, injured, abused, stray and abandoned animals in need.
• Reduce overpopulation of these animals through partnerships with local veterinarians for spay and neuter programs.
• Prevent cruelty to all animals through education, mandatory reporting, and supporting animal protection laws.
• To be completely transparent and honest in all aspects of our rescue efforts.
• Share our knowledge and experience with our community and other animal welfare organizations.
• To judge our effectiveness by the extent to which animal lives are saved, and the positive experiences of the people we touch.
Pawsitive Restorations Animal Rescue envisions the day when there is no longer a need for animal rescue organizations; a day when there are no more homeless, abused, or neglected pets. Where every animal has a safe, gentle, loving home and no companion animal is ever viewed as property or a disposable commodity. We ache for the day when pet overpopulation is a thing of the past, and our society accepts and implements an “Adopt, Don’t Shop” mentality.
Pawsitive Restorations Animal Rescue was founded by Krissy Mosbarger, who has been saving animal lives since she could walk. She has lived a life of dedication and service to furry friends with no voice. She has worked diligently to save and help rehabilitate animals from all over the spectrum. She finally succumbed to her passion and created and formalized an incredible animal rescue, Pawsitive Restorations Animal Rescue. It was her goal and passion to create an organization where the animals come first, ALWAYS. A place where the animals are #WorthIt, and the rescue motto is, “If they’re fighting – we’re fighting with them!” We are here to right the most unfathomable wrongs, done to the most innocent of creatures.
A sampling of her husbandry/rehabilitation experience follows:
- Rodents (mice, rats, hamsters, ferrets, squirrels, guinea pigs)
- Reptiles (snakes, lizards)
- Parrots (large and small, multiple species)
- Extensive mid-woofery experience. (Delivered LOTS of babies)
Krissy has built an amazing team of like-minded volunteers to help run and guide P.R.A.R. to higher expectations than what is currently “acceptable” by many animal welfare organizations. Our team of animal warriors work hard day in and day out to make sure our orphans are living blessed lives, getting the very best AHAA accredited medical care, and are loved like they never knew possible. We then find only the most superb homes to match the needs of the animals and help ensure that the lives we save today, will have spectacular tomorrows!